HOW TO APPLY
Please follow these guidelines when submitting your application for 2024. For best consideration, apply by December 15, 2023.
- Official transcripts
- For international students from countries where English is not the official language, the TOEFL or IELTS Requirement (minimum score of 80 overall with at least a score of 20 in the speak and writing sections)
- Statement of purpose: A one to three-page statement of your career goals and how you believe this degree will help you achieve those goals.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- The program accepts applications until all positions are filled, but for best consideration apply by December 15th.
- Each cohort begins in June, Fall and Spring semester starts are not available.
- Applicants will be notified in March if they are selected for an interview.
- The program currently does not provide assistantships or scholarships.
- The program currently does not accept transfer MFA students.
For more information about the MFA Film Program, please contact Sarah Grizzle.
This is the only MFA program for film production at a public university in Georgia and is offered to students at the same tuition rate as other graduate programs at UGA, making it one of the most affordable programs of its caliber in the country.
© University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 | 706-542-3000